Terms of for Directors Hub Membership
1.1 The following terms (including any Schedules or other policies or documents referenced herein) sets out the terms (“Terms”) of membership of the Directors’ Hub that you need to comply with. Please read these terms carefully before you become a member. By [clicking ‘Accept’], you indicate that you accept these Terms and that you agree to abide by them.
1.2 If you have any questions regarding these Terms, please contact us at https://www.directorshub.uk
2.1 You will need to apply for membership in the Directors’ Hub [via the website: https://www.directorshub.uk
2.2. Your application will be considered by the [Hub Owner and Hub Host].
2.3 The [Hub Owner and Hub Host] have sole discretion as to who shall become a member of The Director’s Hub.
2.4 If your membership application is accepted, we will confirm this by sending you a [‘Welcome to the Hub’ email]. Your annual membership will commence on the date your [‘Welcome to the Hub’] email is sent.
2.5 Membership is for a minimum period of one year (“Annual Membership”) and renewable thereafter on an annual basis. Membership renewals are not automatic and are reviewed by [Hub Owner and Hub Host] on an annual basis. The decision of the [Hub Owner and Hub Host] is final and without appeal.
2.6 If you breach any of these Terms you may be removed as a member of the Directors’ Hub.
3.1 Directors Hub meetings are held once a month at specific locations and on the application, you will need to specify which meeting location you wish to attend (unless you have paid for multi-location membership).
3.2 The meetings are intended for the sharing of information between and mutual support of the members and any information shared is to be kept strictly confidential in accordance with clause 6.
3.3 At all times you are expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner and agree to abide by the Hub Rules (at Schedule 1).
3.4 We ask that you attend meetings promptly so as to minimise disruption to the other members.
3.5 We ask you to notify your [Hub Host] as soon as possible after you are aware that you are unable to attend a meeting.
3.6 We ask you not to attend meetings if you know or suspect that you may have Covid-19 or other communicable illnesses (including colds, flu, or norovirus).
3.7 We will also provide you with access to a Directors Hub WhatsApp group and use of this is subject to these Terms.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 In order to facilitate relationship building between the members you will be asked to provide us with short biographical information about yourself and your business and a headshot photo.
4.2 We may use this information on our website and social media to promote the Director’s Hub.
4.3 We will also process your payment details (including direct debit or credit card details).
5.1 We charge an annual fee for membership (“Annual Membership Fee”) of the Director’s Hub the Annual Membership Fee payable is [that advertised on our website at the time of our application] and the Annual Membership Fee is payable in advance prior to your first meeting.
5.2 We offer the option to pay the Annual Membership Fee in monthly instalments for twelve months, however, this must be by way of direct debit and the first instalment is payable prior to your first meeting.
5.3 The right to amend or waive any such fees from time to time shall be in the Directors Hub’s sole discretion.
5.4 We may increase the Annual Membership Fee at the end of your current Annual Membership period; however, we will aim to give you at least 45 days’ notice prior to the end of your Annual Membership period and you will need to notify us in writing at least 30 days prior to the end of your Annual Membership period that you no longer wish to renew your Annual Membership.
5.5 Failure to pay the Annual Membership Fee (or any instalment thereof) within one month of the due date may result in you being suspended from attending meetings or your Annual Membership being terminated (at the Directors Hub’s sole discretion).
5.6 For the avoidance of doubt if you choose to resign your membership part way through the year (or if we have to terminate your Annual Membership) you will not be automatically entitled to any refund or part-refund of the Annual Membership Fee and if you are paying the Annual Membership Fee in monthly instalments you will still need to pay the remainder of the Annual Membership Fee.
5.7 Any refunds or part-refunds will be at the sole discretion of the Director’s Hub depending on the circumstances. If you wish to apply for consideration for a refund or part refund you will need to contact the Director’s Hub in writing explaining the reasons for no longer wishing to continue with your Annual Membership.
5.8 If you fail to pay any sums when due then, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies, we reserve the right to charge interest on an accruing daily basis at 4% a year above the Bank of England’s base rate from time to time, but at 4% a year for any period when that base rate is below 0%.
6.1 You must keep all information and personal data disclosed by other members at meetings in the strictest confidence and not discuss it with anyone else unless you have the permission of the person disclosing such information or if such information is disclosed on the basis that it is intended to be shared outside of the meeting with others (such as points of learning that could be useful to other business owners.
6.2 We reserve the right to ask you to sign separate confidentiality provisions or agreements.
6.3 Any information disclosed and discussed during the meetings is not indented to be official advice on which you should rely. We don’t accept any liability or responsibility of any nature, arising from any reliance placed by you on such information.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
5.1 We or the other members may provide you with certain materials during meetings and you hereby agree that we or the relevant member own all intellectual property rights in such materials and that you will only use the materials for the purposes for which they were provided to you.
5.2 You must not change, alter or modify any of the materials you are provided.
5.3 You must not use the name, logos, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights belonging to us or other members without express permission.
5.4 Such materials may include confidential information and you hereby agree to hold them in the strictest confidence and not disclose them to anyone else in accordance with clause 6.
8.1 If we consider that a breach of these Terms has occurred, then depending on the nature and consequences of the breach we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to attend meetings;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to be a member of the Director’s Hub;
- issue you with a warning;
- take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
8.2 We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Terms. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
9. OUR LIABILITY
9.1 Any information or materials disclosed at meetings is provided without any guarantees, conditions, or warranties as to their accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties, and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law, or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage incurred by any member in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of such information, or any suggested sources, resources, books, websites, and any other recommended materials.
9.2 We are not responsible or liable for any:
- any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- loss or corruption of data, information, or software;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- any indirect or consequential loss; or
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
9.3 Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation.
9.4 To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude our liability for direct, indirect or consequential loss.
10.1 We will not be in breach of these Terms or otherwise liable for any failure or delay in the performance of our obligations if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances, or causes beyond our reasonable control. The time for the performance of such obligations shall be extended accordingly. If the period of delay or non-performance continues for [3 consecutive months or more] then we will extend your Annual Membership by the equivalent period.
10.2 Without affecting any other right or remedy, we may terminate your Annual Membership with immediate effect if:
- you fail to pay an amount due under this agreement on the due date for payment and it remains unpaid for not less than  days after being notified in writing to make such payment;
- you breach any of the Community Rules;
- you commit a material breach of any provision of these Terms and (if such breach is remediable) you fail to remedy that breach within a period of  days after being notified in writing to do so;
- you take or have taken against you (other than in relation to a solvent restructuring) any step or action towards its entering bankruptcy, administration, provisional liquidation or any composition or arrangement with your creditors, applying to the court for or obtaining a moratorium under Part A1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, being wound up (whether voluntarily or by order of the court), being struck off the register of companies, having a receiver appointed to any assets; or you suspend or cease, or threaten to suspend or cease, carrying on a business.
10.3 Without affecting any other right or remedy, we may terminate this agreement on giving you not less than [30 days’] written notice (and in our sole discretion we may offer you a pro-rated refund).
10.4 These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties.
10.5 If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
10.6 We may revise these Terms at any time and we will aim to give you sufficient notice of such changes.
10.7 The Terms are governed by English law and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to these Terms.
SCHEDULE 1 – HUB RULES
These Hub Rules are incorporated into and form part of the Terms and as part of your Annual Membership, you must abide by these rules (and breach of them could result in the immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to be a member of the Director’s Hub).
You must not:
- not take or make phone calls and phones should be set to silent mode;
- not use or bring to meetings any cameras, video, or other recording devices, whether for recording, live-streaming, or otherwise;
- not disclose or identify any other members or guests who are in the meetings in the public domain, whether in any press or social media including Linked-In, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or on personal blogs without each person’s permission;
- not purchase, use, ingest, possess, sell or otherwise distribute illegal drugs or other substances, or attempt to do any of the same with any member or guest on the premises or during a meeting;
- Do not bring any outside food or beverages to any meetings, unless medically necessary;
- not smoke (including e-cigarettes and vapes) during the meetings;
- not disclose personal or medical information unless necessary for the meeting;
- not be over-familiar with other members or engage in any inappropriate behaviour;
- not have or provide any materials that show, depict, or describe nudity, sexual acts, the offering of sexual services, sexual arousal, and/ or sexual objectification;
- not say or do anything that may cause offense or be harmful to other members or say or do anything that could be defamatory of the Director’s Hub, other members or third parties;
- not do or say anything that could bring the Director’s Hub or its members into disrepute;
- not do anything that could cause physical harm to others (including violent or abusive behaviour).
We do not judge people based on their age, ability or disability, gender, race, sexuality, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and we expect our members and guests to do the same. Any such judgment will not be tolerated and may result in the immediate and permanent withdrawal of your Annual Membership without the right to any refund.
We ask you to ensure that you have the rights and consents (including any third-party owned intellectual property) you need in relation to any materials your product or provide (including at meetings and on the WhatsApp channel) – as well as rights and consents for both you and us and other members to share such materials and content. If any other individuals appear in any content you create, we ask you to ensure that they are at least 18 years of age and that you have obtained their consent to show their personal information and/ or image in the materials or content.
Each meeting will have a Hub Host whom you agree has the authority to moderate members’ behaviour at meetings (or online) and can take appropriate measures to ensure compliance with these Hub Rules, including asking you to leave immediately.
Any reference to meetings will also include any use of the Directors Hub WhatsApp channel.
The Director’s Hub: Founders’ Support Club is one of the core services offered by Network Xpress Ltd and the Sussex Business Show to support local directors, founders, and business owners in the County of Sussex with Peer-to-Peer Support.
Office Address: Hove Business Centre, Fonthill Rd, Hove, East Sussex. BN3 6HA